Home > Features > Hwy61 Business > Northshore Mining Is Hiring

Northshore Mining Is Hiring

Looking for work? You might find it at Northshore Mining in Silver Bay. Since January, Northshore has hired 66 hourly positions, mainly in maintenance and operations, and one salaried position.  Northshore also plans to hire another 12 employees starting next week, along with four college interns.  Northshore may also do more hiring throughout the year, as demand warrants.

Maureen Talarico, public affairs manager, says the hirings are a result of early retirements and a modest recovery from the recession. Many employees commute to the company’s Silver Bay plant from the Iron Range and Duluth. Some of the new hires are workers who were formerly employed in the forest products industry, which is still experiencing significant downturn.

Talarico says jobs are posted on the company’s website www.cliffsnaturalresources.com. The company normally requires at least two years of college, but will take into account military and previous work experience.

Northshore Mining Company achieved a major production milestone producing its 300 millionth ton of taconite pellets during March, 2010. The facility was the world’s first large-scale taconite processing project and included the Peter Mitchell mine and crushing facilities in Babbitt, the 50-mile ore-haul railroad, the processing plant and power generating facilities in Silver Bay, as well as the boat loading facility on Lake Superior. Northshore Mining Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cliffs Natural Resources.

Comments

21 comment(s) on this page. Add your own comment below.

Mr. Don M. Bergman
Mar 14, 2011 12:34pm [ 1 ]

Would like employment in maintenence department at northshore mining company in Silver Bay, Minnesota.

Mr. Don M. Bergman
Mar 14, 2011 12:37pm [ 2 ]

Would like employment in maintenance department at northshore mining company in Silver Bay, Minnesota.

Steven Domitrovich
Mar 29, 2011 5:32pm [ 3 ]

I am interested in employment at your Silver Bay plant. I have 26 years of experience in prodution at Smurfit Stone Corporation,I'm applying for a prodution job.

Robbie Sheets
Apr 4, 2011 3:28am [ 4 ]

Am interested in General Labor, Security and/or Shipping positions. Have Associates in Arts Degree, 7 yrs. Military experience, and 6 years experience on Shipping Dock.

Daniel Swanson
May 24, 2011 7:39am [ 5 ]

I am interested in employment at youre Silver Bay plant for the positions of general labor,shipping and receiving,warehouse invintory,I have over 20 yrs experience in warehouse operations.

Amber
May 24, 2011 8:01am [ 6 ]

To apply for a job with MN Mining, please visit this website: http://www.cliffsnaturalresources.com/Careers/Pages/default.aspx

Packard johnson
Aug 22, 2011 7:34pm [ 7 ]

I would like to work in this mine please contact me if there is any hiring my number is 906 667 0034

Charles Denny
Oct 31, 2011 8:36am [ 8 ]

I have 20 years experience in mine refractory and safety. Id love a position here soon so i dont have to relocate

Donald M. Bergman
Jun 10, 2012 5:40pm [ 9 ]

I would like employment in plant operations at Northshore Mining Company in Silver Bay, Minnesota.

charlie amesbury
Aug 24, 2012 1:14pm [ 10 ]

looking for a laborer position in silver bay. am currently employed in the refractory/insulation industry, building and maintaining and insulating different types of furnaces, incinerators, in refineries, GP plants, coal burners and more.

Horatio Williams
Oct 11, 2012 11:37am [ 11 ]

I will like to work in the mines. I just graduated with an Associates degree in Industrial Maintenance and have three years of welding experience. My number is (906)869-4196.

Joe Cavallin
Oct 30, 2012 3:18pm [ 12 ]

I am looking for a laborer/maintenance position. I have been a plumbing/heating technician for 14 yrs. I live in Two Harbors, MN and would like a job at the Silver Bay, MN plant.

Nicholas bockovich
Jan 14, 2013 1:16pm [ 13 ]

I am looking for a position in maintenance or operations. I have close too 5 years experience on the job in the pellet plant for both operations and maintenance under VanHouse construction. Would really appreciate an interview. I have been applying since 1998. I am a very safe reliable worker with over 15 years experience welding, and maintenance. Thank you Nick Bockovich

Jay Colstad
Mar 3, 2013 7:37am [ 14 ]

Would like to apply for a general laborer position in the Silver Bay facility. I have been a carpenter for 23 years, and have been an instructor at Summit Academy OIC for 3 years teaching general trades and safety operations. I also have an honorable discharge from the Colorado National guard- Dec. 2001. Thank you for your time.

Enriques Schehr
Apr 26, 2013 10:40am [ 15 ]

I am looking for any job that has to do with the railroad, I have been in railroad construction for 8 years, and the lead foreman for the same company for the last two. I am skilled in most railroad machines, and such machines as track-hoe, back-hoe, payloader, skidsteer, etc.

Mr. Don M. Bergman
Oct 21, 2013 11:30am [ 16 ]

I would like employment in plant operations at Northshore mining in Silver bay, Minnesota. I have private high school education with honors. I hold Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from private university. I have (CDL) Commercial Truck Drivers License and current D.O.T. Medical Card. 20 years experiece with Northwest Airlines Inc. Hold U.S. Government Sensitive Position Security Clearance. When could I interview? (218) 724-3362 (218) 213-1834-Cell

kenneth banks
Mar 17, 2014 9:48am [ 17 ]

i would like employment with plant operations at northshore mining company in silver bay minnesota plant. you can reach me at 262-492-1767 or my e-mail. Thank-you. i have a steady work history and excellent references.

kenneth banks
Mar 17, 2014 9:54am [ 18 ]

thank-you

John Saw
May 6, 2014 10:55am [ 19 ]

Looking for work at your Northshore mining Company in Babbitt Minnesota.
I can be reached at 218-827-2509.

richard harthan
Jun 19, 2014 11:06am [ 20 ]

I have lived in silver bay sence 1991,i love the area,i recently retired from manpower (tac harbor)would like to get back to work,i feel I could bring a lot to northshore minning. call lets talk. thanks Richard

Nick Bockovich
Jul 25, 2014 10:13am [ 21 ]

218 226 9946. Cell 218 220 0125.